Have you and golf had a falling out?
Here are 10 ways to renew your passion:
- Get out as the first group: The first tee time of the day is so peaceful. The course is beautiful in the morning light and you’ll be home by lunch. You also don’t have to deal with any slow golfers in front of you.
- Listen to music as you play: Get a bluetooth speaker, put it in the cart and turn on a playlist and let it soothe away the bad shots!
- Play for something other than money: Loser has to clean your car, tote the clubs to the car and clean them, tweet about their defeat or post it on Facebook. The list goes on and on.
- Play a round recklessly and don’t keep score: Go for the crazy shot over the trees, shoot for the pin on every hole, never lay up. When you’re not keeping score, the consequences don’t matter.
- Play a short course: It’s fun to be able to go for a hole in one on every hole. They are underrated!
- Lower scores: Get a lesson. Hit the range. Practice your chipping and putting on the practice green. We can’t tell you how many people we see skip chipping and putting every day!
- Declutter: Out with the old, sweat-stained hats and shirts, in with the new.
- Simplify! Play a round with only 3 clubs. You’ll see how much fun it is once you get in a groove with the three you brought.
- Play with a stranger: Book a tee time for one or walk up to the counter and see what’s available. Make some new friends (and future playing partners!)
- Play with good golfers: Good golf can be contagious. Play with your friends who are better than you and you’ll strive to match their game.