Every year, we all vow to commit to a whole list of things that despite our best intentions, we will not follow through on. Despite being thought of as the ideal time to turn over a new leaf, the beginning of the year is typically the worst time to make major habit changes because for many it is a relatively stressful time.
Instead of setting yourself up for failure by vowing to make changes that you won’t be able to commit to, pick a few goals and find a less traditional, fun way to achieve them. You may be surprised to know that some of the top resolutions are easily kept with golf!
1. Stay Fit and Healthy – It’s better than a fast and furious gym session – and a lot more fun! Playing an 18-hole game of golf burns at least 900 calories. Golf also combines all the known weight-loss benefits of walking combined with the toning and muscle strengthening benefits of swinging the clubs and carrying or pulling your golf bag. During the average game of golf, you can walk around five to six miles.
2. Enjoy life to the fullest – No matter who you are or how old you are, if you get involved with golf, you’re going to have an absolute blast. It’s a chance to learn new skills, both physical and mental, make new friends and discover new opportunities.
3. Travel to new places – Golf gives you a great reason to travel! There are so many amazing and beautiful courses around the world, golf gives you the perfect excuse to go visit!
4. Spend more time with family and friends – Where else can you have four hours of quality time with your boss, colleagues, prospects, husband or kids, away from the stress of modern living? Golf is the anti-video game and one you can enjoy with your loved ones through many decades.
5. Reduce stress – Golf combats stress “Golf really does tick all the boxes for things you need for optimal well-being,” says psychologist and coach Miriam Akhtar from positivepsychologytraining.co.uk. “It offers some important feel-good factors, such as an active social life and regular physical activity of the best kind – what we call ‘green exercise’ outside in nature.”
6. Spend less, save more – You’ll always save and get the best deals booking directly through our website!
From all the Staff here at Legacy Ridge Golf Club, we would like to wish you a happy and safe New Year! We look forward to a great 2018 and look forward to seeing you all out here soon!
We can’t wait for the 2018 season to begin!
We’re so excited, we’re giving away a 2018 Legacy Ridge membership!
For your chance to win, click here and fill out the short form!